Friday, July 06, 2012

Rain Camera Grizzlies

It rained today, finally. It was only this morning as I sat in the sweaty comforts of my home, watching an Iranian movie Baran (Baran means rain); so the movie was almost like an augur to the rainy evening to come.

Even though the rain brought its own share of excitement - the kings of the rooftop gathered and soaked in the fun, and later even more so in the environs at JNU - I'm more energized by a recent exchange of fuck-yous with the dearest friend (one of the kings mentioned above) who just smashed my camera (the LCD screen) in our playful excitement, effectively making my investment in a weatherproof gadget to complement my treks a mere year-long affair. In my present financial situation (and the dearth of similar cameras in the market), I can not think of an upgrade - so, there, I'll manage with some ugly tapes and screen covers.

In the aftermath of the aforementioned violence, I tried feigning a bloodlust taking over me (an expression which I think I'm 'instinctively handicapped' in), but my friend is a more experienced dealer in situations of embarrassment and aggression. Socially experienced, I meant to say, seeing the way he reversed the situation to claim himself as the victim. Taking offense is the best way to justify anything, lesson learnt, Sir. It is very hard not to see the humour in confrontations, even more so to be actively involved in one and trying to mask your snickering.

It is demeaning to leave the house under a growing intoxication of Werner Herzog's The Grizzly Man - documenting compiling the madness of an American guy Timothy Treadwell, standing to the Grizzly bears of the Americas - to return back to holding confrontation with a human.

Two major differences, however, exist
- Where even the Grizzlies failed, my friend succeeded: in smashing a camera.
- The Grizzlies wouldn't be shedding tears running off in isolation after seeing their guts challenged, whereas my friend would be doing exactly that as we speak. That twat.

No comments: