Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Nothing's Gonna Change My World

Today, I shirked the work that I'd shirked work for. In redemption, though, I did end up with a couple of positives: after a long, long, state of dormancy, I took my lady out this evening. The last we remember going out was sometime in April, since then my other lesser and alternate pursuits have corrupted the bond we had. Things at the office haven't been as I expected, plus the summers left me finicky. Well, today, despite the unbearably humid weather (as has been in the past 3 days), we went out after my early return from the office. It was nice, she's happy, I'm happier.

Music is something I've been really specific about lately, and today was a bumper harvest for my iPod, as a long list of (selective) songs that had been at the back of my memory made it in; - Flaming Lips' cover of Madonna's Borderline, a couple tracks by Fever Ray, one by Fiona Apple (guess), that Julio Iglesias' rendering of La Mer from Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, among the others. My playlist management is still crappy. Sad news is the demise of my IE2 earphones (Bose, oh Bose, the durability of your products disappointed me), coz of which my outdoor listening stands restricted (especially on the runs).

And I've been "fisting" the whole day. Sounds odd, looks odd as well. The Monkey's Fist, my signature knot, saw itself applied to the mouse in my office and the iPod cable at home. Besides the appealing look, it saves my stuff from the confusion over ownership - with earphones, cables, and generic equipment, there are always two people at some point of its life-cycle claiming of its ownership. But beware, the knot is not forgiving to short cords.

Now I shall shirk the chicken curry prepared by a third party, and eat the dal I prepared for myself - a viewing of some biker movie or documentary alongside. Ana Ivanovich lost, and I'm not happy about that.

No comments: