Monday, July 30, 2012

creatively unstifling

Well, I did nothing on Saturday. Much like most of my days, nothing. Just some reading, some self-loathing, some housework, some coding, some outdoors. Watched the sun hold a coup against the night moon, and later the moon hold a coup against the day sun. Slept otherwise.
It was interdisciplinary in terms of outdoor sports - tennis, cycle, running, swimming - but I'm too old to be impressed by these minor highs. Feeling alive for brief chunks of time is encouraging, but equally depressing (in what comes in aftermath, when one has to mingle with 'the shit' or 'the demons' - both within and outside). Not to think that I don't see any promises in my brighter moments, but there's this undercurrent of pointlessness behind it all. [वैराग्य what they call, is it this? really, am i this easy a catch to come into the net of these existential worries? pa claims of his own phase, but i didn't imagine i'd be sinking midway my story]

Sunday was lazy as well, a brief 4hr jaunt all around Delhi with A notwithstanding (we did this route, one so creative that its URL ended being too big for g.co to handle, and for gpsvisualiser to convert into gpx. [Note: trying with goog.gl worked - shortened URL: goo.gl/5PFnr]) I feel deceived, since this Sunday was supposed to be my gateway drug into the addiction called adventure, which Ch's own matters nullified. We had a long, very very long, ride planned, on roads less explored - damn, it didn't happen.
Later was dragged out for an evening with college guys, which, though being nothing revealing, did highlight how vacant an environment we grew up in, and also the way things could've been. We'd eternalised our frequent bunks to CP with the coin toss in the fountains of central park, wishing us amatory success in short future; today we recollected how none of us is still there (except for the ones who paid for it in Thailand). I'm socially lazy, which showed.

Today has started epic fail. There's been no power since 3-ish in the morning, and sweat has been my best pal through the sleepless hours [later I learn that a grid failure left the a quarter of this vast country like that]. Travel to the office was a headache. Finally here and feeling resolved, I couldn't curse my luck more on learning that the net was out for half the day. Now I also learn of a 40-fatality train accident, due to a fire in a 3rd sleeper bogey of a Chennai - Delhi train, which sinks my heart.

No comments: